When it comes to removing water from the ears, it is essential to use non-invasive methods that do not endanger our hearing and can in no way harm us.
Earwax blockage, barometric pressure, water, or foreign bodies in the ears, the causes of blocked ears are multiple. After bathing, it is a frequent phenomenon. And embarrassing. Fortunately, there are natural treatments to unclog an ear.
Any exposure to water can lead to blockage of the ear canal. In this case, you may feel a tingling in your ear. This sensation may extend to the jaw or throat. You may also not hear so well, or you may only hear muffled sounds.
Typically, the water drains off by itself. If this is not the case, the retained water may cause an ear infection. This type of infection in your outer ear is called a float ear.
You may have had water stuck in your ears in the past, here are the Symptoms:
- Loss of balance
- Deafness and hearing loss
For these reasons, it is essential to remove water from the ears in the most efficient way and try not to cause any damage.
How to Unclog Your Ears at Home?
It is not difficult to get the Water out of Your Ears Yourself. These 8 Methods can Help :
1- With the help of gravity
It is the simplest and least invasive way to remove water from the ears.
- Learn parallel to the ground, leaving your ear to the side.
- Place the palm of your hand on the ear, pressing hard for a few seconds to help the suction. Repeat several times until you feel no more water inside.
- Use a cotton swab to remove any remaining water.
2 -Yawning will help your ear
Yawning and even chewing can help to remove water from the ear canal effectively.
In this way, we create pressure in the middle ear, redirecting the fluids that are inside.
3- The Hairdryer
This tool can help you evaporate water without having to introduce external elements into the ear.
- Take your ear by the lobe and gently stretch it.
- Turn on the hairdryer to medium temperature.
- Maintain a distance of between 10 and 15 centimeters.
- Adjust the hairdryer and blow air for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
4- Valsalva’s Ear Maneuvers
Created by the Italian doctor Antonio Maria Valsalva, this technique is one of the best ways to get water out of your ears :
- Breathe deeply, close your mouth, and nostrils with your fingers.
- Gently blow the air out of your nose, which will regulate the air pressure and allow the Eustachian tubes to open again.
Salt is known for its high moisture absorption capacity and can be safely used to remove water from the ears.
How do you do it?
- Heat 1 tablespoon (10 g) of salt in the microwave.
- Put the salt in a cotton cloth.
- Lie down and place the material over your ear for at least 5 minutes.
- Repeat, if necessary
6- A little garlic to get the water out of the ears
Not only will it help you fight humidity, but you can also take advantage of its antibacterial properties to prevent possible ear infections.
Besides, you will be able to reduce pain significantly:
- Choose a clean and healthy garlic clove to extract the juice.
- Insert 3 to 4 drops of your liquid into the ear.
- Wait at least one minute for the garlic to do its job.
- Let the ear dry naturally.
- Repeat after 2 hours if necessary.
7- Hydrogen peroxide
With its effervescent properties, hydrogen peroxide can remove the water inside the ears very easily.
It is also useful in eliminating earwax and any other residue that may be inside the ear canal.
- Using a sterilized dropper, insert 4 to 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide into the ear.
- Wait at least two minutes.
- Then tilt the ear to allow the fluid to drain out.
8- Alcohol and vinegar
A remedy widely used by our grandparents that not only helps drain water from the ears but also has antibacterial properties that fight all kinds of infections.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of alcohol with one teaspoon of vinegar (10 ml).
- Using a dropper, collect 3 to 4 drops of the mixture.
- Finally, apply them to the ear and wait 30 seconds while gently rubbing the inside.
- Tilt the ear so that the liquid can come out.
If none of these remedies work for your problem, we advise you to consult your trusted doctor who will prescribe a specific treatment.